Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It has been a wonderful summer so far with hooking trips to North Carolina, at the Caraway Baptist Conference Center, Hosted by Eric Sandberg. This was a refreshing rug camp with a wide mix of different types of hooking. I would reccommend this school to everyone.

I just got back from Ontario, Canada, for a week long class to study with Wanda Kerr. What a wonderful experience for anyone who wants to expand on their ideas, and hook better pieces.
Wanda is a color wizard and has a way to view and critique your pieces in a way that will leave you thinking Hmmm, Let me see what else I can do. We stayed in a lovely cottage, very close to her Rug Hooking Studio "Wanda Works". Check out her website. It was a long drive but well worth the time and Money to take a class with such a great hooking artist. She will have classes twice a year. IF you can get to one, you will not be disapointed. I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment